Did you know…
- Nearly half of traumatic eye injuries relate to ball sports
- 45% of these occur in children under the age of 14
- 90% of these injuries are preventable!
The first step to protecting your eyes is to invest in sturdy glasses and lenses. For example, polycarbonate is a lens material that is widely used for shatter-and-impact resistant lenses, which, when combined with sturdy frame materials, makes for formidable eye protection.
Beyond the risk of physical injury to the eye, the threats posted by sunlight and bright light (namely, ultraviolet rays and glare) are harder to understand. Protecting your eyes from these distracting, even dangerous, elements is just as important as using proper eye protection.
- Protecting Your Eyes From UV Rays – Read the facts and watch a short video on how UV rays can damage your eyes.
- Protecting Your Eyes From Glare – Find out how glare impacts your vision and why anti-reflective lenses are so important.